When most people think of Uruguay, the country’s beach scene comes to mind. Or perhaps the European-style city life… or ranching… or maybe even the great wineries.
And granted, these things are certainly worth coming for.
But what really sets Uruguay apart from the rest, is what’s behind the scenes…
• You’ll be secure, in one of the safest Latin American countries
• Enjoy the security of a stable democratic government and a solid banking system
• Live in comfort, with a well-maintained, 21st century infrastructure
• Avoid the hassles of a complicated or strict residency process
• Enjoy the freedom of dual citizenship and a second passport
• Pay no tax on income earned outside Uruguay
True, you won’t notice these benefits when you step off the plane. But they form the foundation that will make your experience in Uruguay a real, First World experience.
And Uruguay has even more to offer the potential expat.
Punta del Este still leads South America as the #1 seaside resort, with an investment potential to match. Colonia is the region’s premier colonial city, with 17th century homes proudly standing around its square. And the interior towns like Mercedes are still drawing expats who want a small-town feel in a safe community.
Uruguay continued to grow at a healthy rate during the recent recession, out-performing not only the US, but even its powerhouse neighbor, Brazil. This has brought investors from around the world, to take advantage of Uruguay’s plentiful opportunities, solid banking system and financial services industry.